Wednesday 24 June 2009

Two weeks to go!

I can't believe I've left it so late!! I'm scared now, what between Issy's christening, Paris and work I've cut it down to the wire...but that's half the fun. (Try telling my frayed nerves that!) I've just been on a mamoth shopping trip and spent about 200 squids on clothes for my jaunt and I still have kit to go. Tomorrow I'm off to Bournemouth to sort out my spending money and get myself another pair of Craghoppers Kiwi Zip Offs. (A most amazing pair of trousers that zip off just above the knee to become shorts...perfect for the desert.) I also have to get person care kit, bio-degradeable soap/shampoo, walking boots, socks and then do a trial pack, panic and realise it won't all fit in, junk half the stuff and realise it still won't fit in, give up, cry start again,get it all to fit and wonder what all the fuss was about....isn't traveling fun? I'm also working right up until the last moment....how am I supposed to concentrate on work when I'm counting down the seconds until I can close the door, heft my ruksack and my shoulder and blow the joint?!? Bring on the 8th of July!! I'm ready and waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment